Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more. Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world.
Job Title: Warehouse Technician
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Context/ScopeTo execute all hands on Brewery warehouse activities to achieve set targets particularly in the areas of receipt, storage, documentation, reporting, reconciliation and accountability of empty bottles and crates as well as finished goods; in line with Diageo supply chain capability framework and risk management standards. This job resides within Brewery Distribution section of Customer Services Department
Purpose of RoleTo carry out all hands on distribution warehousing activities in the areas of receipt, storage, documentation, reporting, reconciliation and accountability of empty bottles and crates, as well as finished goods so as to fully support packaging department.
- Market Complexity:
The role works across packaging and distribution teams in the breweries, as well as with personnel of 3 rd party logistics service providers, to deliver set departmental objectives.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Maintain compliance with statutory, Guinness Nigeria PLC and Diageo standards in warehousing, physical distribution and inventory management
- Receive, store, record and issue all inward goods (fulls and empties) and scheduling, loading of all outward goods (fulls and empties) in line with issuance/dispatch instructions
- Reconcile physical stock to the inventory listing balance in Sun system daily, weekly and monthly
- Prepare and circulate all periodic (daily, weekly, monthly) inventory reports
- Supervise all 3 rd party logistics service providers’ personnel in the warehouse to achieve departmental targets
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of OND or its equivalent
- Computer literate, numerate
- SAP expert
- Good business understanding and commercial skills
- Excellent inventory control skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of integrity / honesty
- Inability to work and succeed in teams
Flexible Working Options Brewery based